SMSF / Investment Tax Accountant
- Career progression opportunities
- Fantastic culture
- Manage you own client base – consisting of high-net-worth individuals, investment clients and self-funded retirees
- Attractive remuneration commensurate with experience
We have an opportunity for an accountant with three to five years public practice experience to join our Superannuation & Investments team. In this role you will manage your own client base and assist the team manager with the day to day running of the team.
Your responsible will include:
- Management of own client base consisting of high-net-worth individuals, investment clients and self-funded retirees
- Attending client meetings
- Assist with the management of our offshore team to ensure accountability and efficiency
- Work closely together with Client Service Administrator and Team Manager to assist with the workflow management of the team
- Review of quarterly business activity statements that have been prepared by team
- Preparation of financial statements of investment trusts / company accounts
- Review prepared SMSF accounts
- Review of Individual returns and Investment trust/company accounts that have been prepared by the team
- Provide the team with training as required
To be successful within this role you will have:
- Exceptional client management skills with the ability to quickly build rapport and trust
- Around three to five years’ experience in a business services role within a public practice firm
- Great communication skills with the ability to work with various stakeholders and teams across the firm
- Experience managing own client base preferred
- Experience completing SMSF accounts and is familiar with SMSF compliance processes
- CA/CPA qualification (or working towards)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- High attention to detail;
- Strong problem solving ability
- Experience mentoring junior staff (preferred)
- Knowledge of Xero Tax, STM and Class Software (preferred).
This is a great role for a candidate with exceptional communication skills. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in SMSF/ Super and be looking to build their knowledge and expertise in this area.
This role would suit a candidate working within a business services role, looking for a change or niche role within superannuation / investments
- Great culture and working environment;
- Ongoing training;
- Flexible Work options
- Health and well being program including subsidised gym memberships, sit to stand desks; and
- Career advancement opportunities.
Email your cover letter and resume to Kate Cain, People & Culture Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a criminal record check.