GST & Indirect Tax
Whether your personal or business tax, we can ensure you are always up to date with the ever-changing and complex world of taxation.
Goods and Services Tax (GST) has been in place since 1 July 2000 but in our experience complying with GST obligations has not become any easier. This is particularly true if you are the key (or only) person running your business. As a broad-based tax of 10% on most goods, services and other items sold or consumed in Australia, it can be a complex transaction to deal with. Our experts are here to help take the stress out of your GST obligations.
GST can apply to a sole trader, a commercial property owner, a business or even a self-managed super fund. GST obligations can begin from the moment you decide to start a business and can arise out of both normal ongoing trading and also for specific one-off transactions. Alternatively, GST may not apply when you start trading but could apply from a later date depending on the size of your business or enterprise.
Our Tax Specialists can assist with GST compliance including:
- Setting your entities/affairs up properly at the start with ATO registrations
- Setting up or reviewing existing accounting software, including invoicing and expense claim systems
- Assisting with ongoing lodgements
- Training you or your staff to do the ongoing lodgements yourselves
- Assisting with GST implications of one-off transactions
- Assistance with ending GST registration
Contact our Tax Specialists today on (03) 9835 8200 or alternatively fill out the form below and we will be in touch.
Need a better tax understanding?
It’s never as simple as just lodging your tax return. Let us give you the expert tax advice you need to make the most of your financial situation.