Whether you’re a current student, graduate, or experienced professional, we have different career pathways based on your studies, skills, interests, and aspirations. We’ll help you find a path that fits your version of success.
Students – Student Placements
As a student, you can work at Accru Melbourne as part of your integrated work learning program or student placement program. This provides you with real-world work experience in the accounting, tax or financial planning fields while:
- Gaining both technical and professional skills, such as communication, teamwork, problem-solving, adaptability, and time management
- Connecting with professionals in your field of interest
- Obtaining first-hand industry exposure
- Developing self-confidence and self-assurance in your abilities
- Acquiring a competitive edge when seeking employment after graduation thanks to relevant work experience in the areas of accounting, tax, auditing or financial planning.
Do you have a degree in Accounting, Finance, Financial Planning, Business or Commerce? Our graduate program provides on-the-job and professional training to kickstart your career in accounting, tax, auditing or financial planning. By joining Accru Melbourne, you gain:
- A higher level of job security, providing stability and peace of mind as a first-time job holder
- The chance to apply your academic knowledge to real-world scenarios, enhancing your practical skills and understanding of your chosen industry
- In-depth knowledge of the Accru business, values, culture, and processes – all valuable for long-term career growth
- Strong professional development through workshops, seminars, and specialised training programs, building a strong foundation of skills and knowledge
- Access to experienced mentors who can provide guidance, support, and valuable insights to navigate the early stages of your career.
Experienced professionals can join our team at a variety of levels, depending on experience, skills and the needs of our business. You’ll have plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement within Accru Melbourne as you gain more experience and expand your skills.
With your existing on-the-job knowledge you can hit the ground running, leveraging prior skills to make an immediate impact. Your experience also makes you a valuable mentor and resource for junior team members, helping to elevate the overall capabilities of our business.
When hiring experienced professionals for any position, we look for:
- Our kitchen is the hub of the firm. We also have team dedicated lunches and divisional events out of the office for team building fun
- A social club that organises regular events such as trivia nights, lawn bowls, end of month drinks, End of Financial Year Party and much more.
- Friday casual wear and monthly birthday celebrations
- Firm wide retreat where we get out of the office; learn more about the firm and ultimately build stronger relationships internally
- Participation in sporting events including CAANZ sporting days, Corporate Games and various fun runs for charities.
Want to see what roles are open?
The Recruitment Process
Our selection process is designed to help us understand your skills, experience, and aspirations, while also giving you the opportunity to learn more about us.
We strive to ensure consistency, timeliness, and fairness throughout the recruitment process, from browsing our job openings to receiving an employment offer. We value open communication and encourage you to ask questions along the way. Our Talent Acquisition team is here to guide you through each step and provide support.
We look forward to getting to know you better and finding the best match for both your career goals and our business. Let’s embark on this journey together!
- Application – Start by exploring the available roles on our jobs board. If you find a position that interests you, simply click “Apply Now” to begin your application. Please ensure that you have an updated CV ready for submission.
- Screening – Once you submit your application online, our Talent Acquisition team will review it. They will assess your skills and experience against the key selection criteria outlined in the job advertisement. Typically, you can expect to hear from a member of our Talent Acquisition team within 7 – 14 business days, although during peak periods, it may take longer.
- Interviewing – The initial interview stage usually involves a phone or video screening with a member of our Talent Acquisition team. This is an opportunity for you to ask questions about the role and Accru Melbourne. Following this, you’ll have interviews within the specific business area you are applying to join. The number of interviews may vary depending on the role. In some cases, you may be asked to complete a case study assessment, which involves analysing a situation and interpreting numerical data. The case study interview is interactive, and we encourage you to seek clarification, ask questions, and discuss ideas with the interviewer. The final stage will be a comprehensive interview and discussion, focusing on your technical skills, motivation, and fit within the team and our business.
- Offer – If you successfully progress to the final stage, a Talent Acquisition specialist will make a verbal offer. Once the offer is approved, you will receive a written offer accessible through a secure online portal. Please note that the offer of employment is conditional and subject to the satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks.
- Pre-employment checks – We conduct pre-employment checks and background screening through an external third-party provider. These checks include employment references, work rights verification, criminal history, and sometimes education verification.