Culture & Values
The above statement of intent was developed and written by all partners and employees in 2013. We believe that by helping our employees to be the best that they can be, that this will extend to our clients! We strive for greatness for our valued clients and valued employees. Our staff and clients are not just a number. We care about them. We feel passionately about our work and enjoy what we do. We want to see our employees and clients grow and develop as we create opportunities for them. Our professionalism is our identity therefore we always do the right thing by our clients and employees.
We care about you + We enjoy what we do + We create opportunities + We do the right thing
We care about you
Work/life balance is a high priority in our firm. Our employees are provided with career support and development:
- CA/FP Support including mentoring, paid study leave and support materials
- Supported by an experienced buddy
- Study and exam leave
- Regular technical and soft skills training – we provide technical and soft skills training to ensure our employees have the skills to become a well-rounded professional
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – a free confidential, professional counselling service available to all employees.
We enjoy what we do
We enjoy our vibrant culture; internally and externally we celebrate our successes with our employees and clients.
- Our kitchen is the hub of the firm. We also have team dedicated lunches and divisional events out of the office for team building fun
- A social club that organises regular events such as trivia nights, lawn bowls, end of month drinks, End of Financial Year Party and much more.
- Friday casual wear and monthly birthday celebrations
- Firm wide retreat where we get out of the office; learn more about the firm and ultimately build stronger relationships internally
- Participation in sporting events including CAANZ sporting days, Corporate Games and various fun runs for charities.
We create opportunities
As a medium sized firm, we are big enough to offer you the opportunity to engage in varied interesting, work and have exposure to many different clients and industries, but small enough to offer individualised career paths and opportunities and allow every person to make a difference! Throughout the year, our employees receive four dedicated catch ups to talk about their personal and professional development and progression. This ensures that we can work with our staff to achieve their individual goals and communicate their career path future with their superior.
We do the right thing
Our employees are very important to us and we ensure that we support them throughout their career at Accru Melbourne.
- Corporate Social Responsibility – staff may take one day of charity leave per year. We’ve worked with various charities including Wesley Mission, FoodBank Victoria, Very Special Kids, Wear for Success and the Cancer Council.
- Health & Wellbeing program including fresh fruit, subsidised gym memberships, annual flu vaccinations, sit-stand desks and more.
- Flexible Work Options – including hybrid work from home arrangements
- Charity Committee – Champion Charity each year with various events throughout the year. This year our champion charity is the Black Dog Institute.
Our culture is warm, friendly and social. Our employees are genuine, down to earth and helpful. We enjoy working hard and we have fun too! We have an open door policy and everyone is approachable. It is a great learning, nurturing environment for our employee’s to thrive and develop in.
Is Accru for you?
If you think Accru is for you, take a look at our latest vacancies here.
Check out our Staff Stories
A number of our staff, including many of our partners, joined us through our school-leaver and graduate programs. Read some of their personal stories.
We provide an independent opinion on financial and non-financial statements, as well as giving important insights as auditors.
Our business advisors focus on providing professional, practical and timely advice to help business owners reach their financial goals.
Our specialist lending service can help you find a home or business loan which best suit your needs and could offer interest savings!
We can help you make sense of this heavily regulated and complex area to ensure you are well-positioned for retirement.
Whether your personal or business tax, we can ensure you are always up to date with the ever-changing and complex world of taxation.
We provide you with a holistic plan considering all your financial affairs – investments, superannuation, tax, retirement and estate planning.