Business sales, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) should be carefully planned and assessed to ensure the right commercial, strategic and cultural fit. The process can be complex, with operational, financial and regulatory factors affecting the final outcome.
Planning to buy, sell or merge
If you’re selling, getting the best result means starting the planning process three to five years prior. If you’re buying, you’ll want a true picture of the financial position and operating performance of the target business.
Accru can help you through these complexities. We can help answer questions like:
- How can I be sure of the true value of the business?
- What are the tax merits of the transaction?
- Would I be better placed buying the business directly, or buying shares in the company that owns the business?
- Am I obtaining the benefit of all possible tax concessions?
- How do I know if this transaction will deliver my objectives?
Getting the right support
Accru has completed numerous M&A transactions ranging from a $1m-$200m, including a merger of Australia’s two largest online dating businesses and the sale a major Australian digital marketing company to a Japanese multinational. We can complete all the necessary steps of a transaction including:
- Getting the business structure right
- Due diligence
- Coordinating with all parties involved in the transaction
- Reviewing legal documentation to ensure that it properly encapsulates the parameters of the transaction
- Managing tax liabilities and ensuring that tax concessions are optimised where available
- Making sure your objectives are realised.
Our team works closely with management as well as the organisation’s lawyers. We take care of the financial detail so directors can spend more time focusing on the transaction’s value drivers.
If you’re considering a business transaction, contact us now.
We provide an independent opinion on financial and non-financial statements, as well as giving important insights as auditors.
Our business advisors focus on providing professional, practical and timely advice to help business owners reach their financial goals.
Our specialist lending service can help you find a home or business loan which best suit your needs and could offer interest savings!
We can help you make sense of this heavily regulated and complex area to ensure you are well-positioned for retirement.
Whether your personal or business tax, we can ensure you are always up to date with the ever-changing and complex world of taxation.
We provide you with a holistic plan considering all your financial affairs – investments, superannuation, tax, retirement and estate planning.